Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This is Why You Don't Quit

Wow

Just wow.

Before I say anything else, I want to say that “limping dogs” or “lame dogs” or whatever they called that godforsaken exercise we did this morning suck major ass. OUCH, Y’ALL.

I can’t even explain it here. It would hurt again just thinking about them.

On a different note, this morning’s boot camp was kick ass. Three brutal circuits, each led by a different instructor (congratulations to our three newly certified instructors, by the way: Jackie, Candace, and Debbie! HOOAH!). We broke out into three squads and did the circuits in rotation. It was a high cardio day with plenty of strength training/muscle burnout thrown in. I felt shredded from head to toe, and it felt great.

That’s right. Great. After the grueling, emotional, crazy day I had yesterday, I had a fantastic boot camp day today. It beat my ass to a pulp; it had me gasping for air; I’m going to be sore. But today I’m definitely back to loving it, and being glad I’m doing it. Rah-rah-sis-boom-bah.

And this is why it is so important to NEVER quit after a bad day. Yes, yesterday was a bad day. Yesterday was a very bad day. But those days come and then they go, and you are left with everything else. And everything else is awesome.

Many thanks to everyone yesterday who listened to me, comforted me, encouraged me, bought me frozen custard (love you, Ted), and reminded me that I’m not alone. I knew that I was going to be alright, and so did you. Thanks for helping me get there.

(Oh, and FYI, I’m going to the doctor for a physical and stress test next Friday [Apr. 22]. I’ll let you guys know if I find out anything of note.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha I just read this post and love that "lame dogs" were describes as "suck major ass"...I used to make my kids in PE class do those and they love them! I guess there's a big difference from when you're 5 to when you grow up...they get a lot harder!