Friday, February 11, 2011

Yikes.

Okay, first off, I did the Nashville Zoo Run Run 5K a few weeks ago, and finished in 37:00. Not bad!

Now, the yikes part. I recently started a new job, and we work very closely with the Army National Guard. The Tactical Director and Founder of the Strategic Army Training Program, Sgt. Ken, works there too. When I was introduced to Sgt. Ken, I made the mistake of telling him that I was working on getting back into shape.

Never tell the US Military's #1 fitness guy that you are working on getting back into shape.

He has a civilian boot camp starting up Monday. He sent me a link and said I should think about doing it. I had to tell him that I didn't have the budget to do it right now, but I'd see if I could swing it next session.

He offered to let me go for two weeks on him.

How can I pass that up? So now I'm committed to it. It starts Monday at 5:30 AM. Four days a week, Monday-Thursday, for two weeks. It's not your regular joe-blow boot camp, either. This is the same stuff they put military people through to get them into fighting shape. I am going to hurt.

I'll try to post regular updates. This should be amusing.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

girl, you gon hurt

just sayin