Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Running Hot

Well, I was right. I hurt today. A lot. All over. It's not injury hurt; it's definitely muscle hurt. My muscles are torn to shreds and struggling to rebuild. In other news, my knees feel surprisingly good and don't seem to be inflamed at all.

Despite the soreness and the fact that I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning to do it, I went back to boot camp this morning. Today was running and leg drills outside. The temperature was good for me; it was around 35 F, and I do better in cold weather. The heat of summer smothers me. So I had that going for me.

Something cool that happened today was that people actually started introducing themselves and talking to each other. It was very encouraging to hear some of the others saying the same things I was, like the fact that the warm-up yesterday was as hard as some whole workouts we've done.

We divided into three squads today for running: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. A group of ladies I was talking to convinced me to run in the intermediate group with them, and I'm glad they did. It pushed my limits, but I was able to keep up pretty well, though at the end of the run I was in the back with the girls who were recovering from injuries. Still, the encouragement among our squad was awesome and I loved it. Today was tough, and I'm definitely walking gingerly, but I can feel myself getting tougher already. I'm looking forward to circuit training tomorrow.

HOOAH!

Update: Forgot to put my daily reason for sticking with boot camp.

Reason #2: I am going to be a MIGHTY BEAST at Warrior Dash in May.

No comments: