Thursday, August 7, 2008

Feeling Good

So, tonight Brittnee (I told you I can never remember how she spells her name; it will keep changing until I remember) didn't do much of a workout with us. She mainly showed us some new exercises, and went over our circuits that she put together for us to do on days that we work out without her. She introduced me to an exercise she calls "Pikes," and they are true torture. If the prisoners at Gitmo were forced to do these, I may say it is too much and the interrogators should lay off. Seriously, they hurt.

On the up side, I asked her when these torture sessions, I mean workouts, should start showing me some results. She said in about a month I should start seeing a difference. That freaks me out. It seems really fast. I was thinking more like 12 weeks or something. So, I'm really excited about my one month weigh & measure.

On the running, I did the treadmill for my cardio tonight, and out of a 30 minute session (plus a 5 minute cool down), 10 minutes were jogging. That is so huge for me! I did five two-minute jogging intervals, and I felt great! I'll be doing 20 minutes before I know it. I can't wait until I can jog three miles. I'm going to do a 5k, and even though my time will be laughable, I will be able to say that I didn't stop to walk at all. I think that will be so freaking cool!

The bad thing is, I didn't wear my HRM (I've got to just stick that thing in my gym bag so I'll remember it), so I don't know how many calories I burned, or how long I was in the target heart rate zone. But, I felt really good during the whole session, so I think I stayed under max.

I'm supposed to go to the gym on my own tomorrow and do legs strength training and cardio. I'm actually excited about it! This motivation rocks!

No comments: