Thursday, March 17, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Sorry I missed posting on Thursday, but my arms are just now working again.

I honestly have no idea how to even begin to write about Thursday morning.

We did accumulators again. This set of exercises was by far the most difficult of any of the accumulator workouts so far. It added up to: 20 minutes speed skate drill, 100 push-ups, 180 burpees, 270 explosions, 560 bicep curls, 28 hopping lunges, 30 double-arm bent over rows, 30 bouncing planks, 28 hopping squats, 24 triceps extensions, 18 V-ups, and 20 jump ups.

Every single time we got to the burpees I thought I was going to have to quit. Every time we got to the bicep curls, I thought the pain was going to kill me. The language in my head during the workout was rated NC-17. But I made it. Again. It really does continue to surprise me when I don’t just disintegrate into a pile of dust around fifteen minutes into the workout.

I actually felt shockingly good on Friday. My biceps were already sore on Thursday when we did the unreasonably difficult accumulator set; and apparently, overworking sore muscles actually makes them feel better. Who knew?

No comments: