Thursday, September 25, 2008

THIRTY MINUTES!! w00t!!!

That's right. I jogged a full thirty minutes on the treadmill yesterday at 4.5 mph (7.24 kph). That's 2.25 miles (3.62 km). No walking. I walked another half-mile to cool down at the end, so my entire treadmill workout was 2.75 miles (4.43 km). I'm getting close to 5K!

I know that my pace is really slow, but speed will come with time. Right now I'm just so psyched that I can actually jog for that long.

Also, my strength training session with Brittnee was BRUTAL. We concentrated on lower body and core, and my hamstrings felt like they had been tied in knots and set on fire. I'm going to start feeling that a little later today. It's that kind of workout that is going to help rehab my knees, though, so I can't complain. I think the huge amount of blood that raced to my legs actually helped on the jog, too.

All in all, I'm feeling really good. This is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

No comments: