Friday, September 12, 2008

Still on Track

Today is day three of the South Beach Diet for me. I gave up on Weight Watchers because I just didn't get enough structure from the plan. If a diet leaves me to make too many decisions on my own, I will make bad ones. That is how I got fat in the first place.

Anyway, SBD is going really well. I have stuck to it 100%, except that I eat a banana every day on the advice of my trainer (bananas are not allowed for the first two weeks) to help flush out some of the water I'm retaining with the strength training (ST). I don't think anyone ever got fat from including a banana in their daily diet, so I'm guessing I'm safe there.

Yesterday my running was not quite as strong; I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, and 18 of that was jogging, but not all at once. I did 10, 3, and 5 minute intervals. The rest was walking at a good clip. I'm not going to beat myself up over having a slow day; after all, I had just finished ST on legs, so they were getting tired and wobbly already. Next ST session is upper body, so I should have a better run then. I'm thinking that I should be able to do a Turkey Trot 5K in November. I may not be able to run the whole thing, but I should be able to do okay.

If it isn't raining this evening, I may go do a walk/run on the greenway instead of the treadmill. I need to start moving it outside, and the evening weather is getting tolerable (finally!). I'll blog later to say how (and if) that went...

No comments: