Saturday, January 3, 2009

This Post is Not Entertaining...

No kidding. It's more like a diary entry that I'm writing for my own benefit. You're welcome to read it if you'd like, but I feel quite certain that you will be bored.

This morning I woke up with a very painful sore throat. I was scheduled to go on a 4 mile group run.

It was a tough call; I almost stayed in bed, but I dragged myself out, pulled on my running clothes, and headed out the door. I felt like hot sick, but I figured I didn't have the luxury of being sick before my run; I could be sick for the rest of the day afterwards.

So I made it to the group meeting place, listened to the pre-workout talk from the coach, and headed off with the group for 4 miles. I knew I would be slow today, but there were others in my pace group for most of the time, so my pace must have been okay. I did have to stop to walk a couple of times, but not as often as I thought I would. It's really amazing what your body can learn to do with some training.

In my under-the-weather-cloudy-headedness, I left the house without my heartrate monitor and stopwatch, so I have no idea how long the run took. That's probably best, because on a day like today, just finishing should have been the goal, and I did that; so I should focus on the positive, what I did do, and not worry about what I didn't do.

I'm not sure whether I really should have gone this morning or not. I stopped at the Little Clinic in Kroger on my way home to get my throat swabbed to make sure I don't have strep throat (I don't). I got home around 9:00, and I immediately brewed myself some hot herbal tea and sat in a hot bath for a while. Then I went back to bed and slept until noon. I did manage to get out of the house later to get desperately needed haircuts for Julia and myself. Now, at 6:00 in the evening, I think I may brew another hot tea and lay in bed with a book.

One request: if you read this, could you leave a comment? Just a "hi" or a "yeah, I read it." would be fine. I can see in the stats that people read my blog, but I don't know who reads it, and I'd love to find out to whom I'm talking. Thanks!

No comments: