Saturday, September 12, 2009

Autumn Running!

This morning between 7:00 and 8:00 was perfect for running. It was nice and cool; it had rained hard the night before and the air was fresh and clean; there was a gentle, constant breeze. My Garmin Forerunner GPS watch that I ordered came in while I was sick (some kind of non-flu virus, but it was yuk), and I'm finally healthy enough to get out and use it. So guess what I did?

I slept in.

Yeah. Well, I blame my bunco sisters. We all got together last night and had a fantastic time, and I was out late. I am really grateful to have them. We are a group of the most awesome, intelligent, beautiful, fun women ever in the history of the world. Last night was supposed to be a bunco night, but we were missing two people, so we just ended up talking, laughing, inspiring each other (more on that in a moment), and eating good food (it was simple sandwiches last night, but it was great!).

I could do a whole blog post on girlfriends, and how very special and important they are, but I will do that another day.

About that inspiring each other thing. One of my bunco girlfriends is Aimee at La Familia Luis. She has been doing P90X and modifying her eating, and she looks really great. She was always gorgeous, but I can see a real difference since she's been doing all that hard work.

She has inspired me.

I have decided that I am going to also work hard and finally get rid of these final pounds that I've been toying with since the half marathon, and I'm going to get my muscle tone where it really needs to be.

I'm starting today. I'm going to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout, and then I'm going to the Y to spend an hour on the spin bikes. I might take my swimsuit and jump in the pool for a little cross-training; I don't know. But I'm back on the wagon as of now.

Even though I squandered a perfect running morning.

Oh, by the way, I don't get any kind of ad money for the links I put to the workout DVDs or the Forerunner up there; the links are for informational purposes only. If I could have found a site that described them without selling them, I would have used those.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

OMG, I'm SO flattered! Thank you for noticing - that is motivation for me in itself! You, too, are beautiful, intelligent, inspirational and I am so lucky to call you a friend! You can do anything you set your mind to and you have support from me whenever/if you need it!