Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HAPPY DANCING!!


You probably guessed based on the post title...

JULIA MADE THE BASKETBALL TEAM!

We're so happy. She worked hard to get ready; she worked on ball handling drills that were no fun; she worked on shooting drills that were fun; she prepared the best she knew how, and it all paid off.

The team practices at 7:00 in the morning, every morning except game days and Fridays. That will get me to work an hour earlier than I usually do, freeing up an hour in the evening for me to do an earlier workout - that means I can do the spinning classes, which kick my butt and are going to get the weight loss really ramped up.

I'm so glad that Julia decided to go out for soccer when she didn't make the volleyball team. I think that the footwork of soccer (not to mention the cardio conditioning of practices) really improved her basketball skills. I think that the improvement she saw in herself boosted her confidence, too. I think we owe her soccer coach a thank you for helping to make it possible for Julia to make the basketball team.

And when the volleyball coach comes and sees the girls' basketball games, he's going to realize it was his loss for cutting her! :-)

No comments: