Thursday, December 29, 2011

On a Roll

And I don't mean a cinnamon roll.

I have remained steadfast with staying within my calorie range. I have had two more successful days since my last post, and I'm on track for another successful day today. This is a good trend.

Now, just because I have been able to maintain this does not mean it has been easy. Yesterday after work I wanted nothing more than to dive face-first into a vat of dry martini. I did have a couple of martinis; but I had the calories planned for them and I did not overindulge. I'm finding that with a little creativity, I'm able to eat really great stuff and still stay in my range. Last night Ted and I made escovitch, which is a wonderful jamaican spicy fish dish, and it was amazing.

We also did the Zombie Fit workout of the day, which was kind of brutal. It consisted of some cardio to warm up, repetitions of circuits for time, and cardio to finish off. When all was said and done, we wound up doing:
  • 5 min run/bike
  • 30 squats
  • 30 push-ups
  • 30 sit-ups
  • 30 pull-ups
  • 30 8-count bodybuilders (which include a push-up, bringing that total to 60)
  • 75 lunges each leg
  • 25 burpees
  • 300m jogging
My thighs caught fire at one point.


No comments: