Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yes.

So, tonight I had a monthly evaluation at the gym. It went well. Here is the rundown. Since I started:
  • I've lost 9 pounds (I know my ticker says 12; I had lost some before starting at the gym)
  • I've reduced my body fat by 3.4%
  • 1.25 inches lost around shoulders
  • 2.75 inches lost in my chest and back
  • 4.5 inches lost around my waist (WOW)
  • 1.25 inches lost in my hips
  • .5 inch lost in my calf

I've been at this for four months. It is slow going, but I am so happy to see progress. I don't mind that it is slow; as long as it goes in the right direction. I have plenty of time to reach my goals. The important thing is that I stay focused to the end, and then stay focused to remain healthy.

Besides the measureable progress listed above, I have made intangible progress as well. I can now run almost 3 1/2 miles, with some hills included. I'm running 3-4 times a week; I'm strength training 2-3 times a week; I'm doing two hard spinning classes every week. My resting heart rate has gone down about 5 beats per minute. I am healthier than I was in my twenties. I am training to run a half-marithon, and I am envisioning myself training to run a full marathon next year. I am as proud of these things as I am of the visible physical changes.

Thanks to all who take the time to read my blog. It motivates me a lot to know that people are keeping tabs on me!

No comments: